When I moved to Finland, I was happy to find that bushcraft, woodcraft, knife making and other traditional skills have a long history here and are still alive and well today. Since sharing a few blogs and other websites with you almost a year ago, I have learned of several more and some significant changes to others. This post is intended to be an updated list of bushcraft/outdoor-related blogs and websites in Finland (most of which are in English). If you know of any others, please let me know! By the way, please also give the “in Finnish” blogs a chance, even if you don’t speak Finnish. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words. 🙂
- Akiri’s Blog
- Backpacking North Blog
- Blade’s Survival and Handcraft Blog
- Bush n’ Blade Blog
- Erkki Aaltonen Blog (in Finnish)
- Eskonpolku Blog (in Finnish)
- Hiking in Finland Blog
- Kermiitin Tarinat Blog
- Old Path Blog (new blog by Perkunas of Perkele’s Blog)
- Scandic Woodsman Blog
- Tekeleitä Blog
- Bushcraft Finland: This is the main (and only, as far as I know) forum for bushcraft in Finland. It was recently moved to a new server/provider and is now advertisement-free. It also has a great new appearance and layout. Both English and Finnish speakers are welcome.
Last, and definitely not least, I want to point you in the direction of some videos from yesteryear showing a variety of Finnish crafts and old-timey ways (click one of the “Isien Työt”s on the left-hand side and then scroll down and click “Katso nyt” to watch a video).